This is the ultimate list of bullet journal quotes to put in your notebook.
As a rule, you can create quotes for bullet journal as a:
- separate bujo page
- a part of a bigger spread (for example, weekly spread)
So if you’re wondering what else you can write in your bullet journal, quotes may be a good option for you.
Without a doubt, quotes may help you:
- get inspired
- be motivated
- more importantly, stay motivated
- just be creative and have fun
With this in mind, here I gathered the best quotes of all time.
For example, you can find here:
- bullet journal New Year quotes
- quotes for the entire 2020
- funny and cute quotes
- good short quotes
- positive, uplifting, inspirational and encouraging bullet journal quotes
- Disney bullet journal quotes
- my bullet journal quotes
So let’s dive right in!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. It means that I may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase a product that I have recommended. It won’t cost you any extra money.
Bullet Journal New Year Quotes
Unquestionabely, one of the most popular bullet journal quotes for a New Year quote is “New Year, New Me”.
Generally, I’m not a big fun of this one.
Let’s be completely honest, the first of January is after all only a date. If you didn’t put a lot of effort to achieve your dreams and goals, then New Year won’t change anything.
Bullet Journal Quotes for a New Year
For this reason, I really like this famous Edison’s quote.
“ Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.”
Indeed, when you’re working towards your goals, your journey is all about falling, standing up, and trying again.
Along with this, the general design is beautiful. Definitely, I love everything that includes light bulbs. For example, in 2019 I included a similar concept into a bullet journal page with my one little word for that year. In case, you’re not familiar with what one little word is, check out my 2020 bullet journal setup blog post.
The next quote includes a gratitude part I like a lot.
“Dear past thanks for all the lessons, dear future I’m ready”.
Another best bullet journal New Year quotes are the following.
- A little progress each day adds up to big results.
- A lot can happen in a year.
- Stay committed to your decisions, but stay flexible in your approach (Tony Robbins).
2020 Bullet Journal Quotes
Also, to keep yourself motivated, inspired, or simply entertained throughout the entire year, here I put a list of bullet journal quotes for the entire year.
As the first month of the year begins, you may want to add to your bullet journal quotes about the new beginning. Definitely, all you need is to boost moods and energy in order to start another year on the right mindset.
For example, “this is the beginning of anything you want” quote gives me this motivational vibe and empowers me to dream bigger and work smarter.
Bullet Journal Life Quotes
Along with this, here are other January bullet journal quotes.
- A fresh start isn’t a new place. It’s a new mindset.
- Trust the magic of new beginnings.
- The best time for new beginnings is now.
Personally, I think February is all about love. Loving yourself, loving life and others. Especially, taking care of yourself is a crucial part of happiness.
With this in mind, don’t forget to curve even a little bit of your busy schedule and spend it doing what makes you happy.
Bullet Journal Quotes about Self Love
- Make yourself a priority.
- If you have the ability to love, love yourself first (Charles Bukowski).
- Don’t feel guilty doing what is the best for you.
First and foremost, March for me means growing, waking up. Similarly to nature, you may be feeling like waking up for winter sleep. Suddenly you start being passionate about the new projects. Or maybe you want to develop some new habits or learn new skills. Alternatively, it’s time for you to change something in your life. So maybe you’ll need some extra motivation for the future.
Bullet Journal Uplifting Quotes
- Everyday is a potential seed that we can grow into something beautiful (Austin Kleon).
- Be happy with what you have while working for what you want (Helen Keller).
- Follow your passion. It will lead you to your purpose (Oprah Winfrey).
Definitely, April is a month when all things are made new. Flowers have full blossomed, you can sing birds singing. Obviously, it’s a perfect month to live your life in full bloom. It’s a great time to be grateful for what you have and live intentionally every single second.
- Start each day with a grateful heart.
- Happiness is simple when you keep it simple.
- Intentional living is the art of making our own choices before others’ choices make us (Richie Norton).
In general, May for me seems to be the dreamest month of the year. Definitely, it’s the best time to put some dreamy quotes in your bullet journal. Because the world is all about butterflies, lilacs, spring flowers right now.
Quotes About Dreams
- Let your dreams be your wings.
- Impossible is just an opinion (Paulo Coehlo).
- If you can dream it, you can do it (Walt Disney).
Definitely, June is all about summer. Admittedly, you just can’t wait to wear shorts with bikini and sip a refreshing drink on the beach. Of course, you’ll post on your Instagram your precious memories with Instax. Because collect moments, not things and the best way to keep your memories is by making a ton of photos.
Bullet Journal Quotes for Summer
- Girls just wanna have sun.
- Summer is a state on mind.
- High tides. Good vibes.
Unquestionably, July is still full summer months with a lot of chilling out, relaxing, and traveling. Without a doubt, sipping Margaritas by the pool sounds great.
- Be a mermaid and make waves.
- Sunshine on my mind.
- Watch more sunsets than Netflix.
Bullet Journal Travel Quotes
Also, July is a perfect month to travel. Here you can find other perfect travel bullet journal ideas to take your travel diary to another level.
- Say yes to new adventures.
- To travel is to live (Hans Christian Andersen).
- Live your life by a compass, not a clock (Stephen Covey).
Although August is another summer month, you have to admit you have kind of back-to-school thoughts back your head. And it’s absolutely ok. In my opinion, life would be so boring with everlasting summer.
- August is like the Sunday of summer.
- Find the beauty in every day.
- There are far better things ahead than any we leave behind (C.S.Lewis).
Also, here you discover over 30 awesome August bullet journal layout ideas.
Unexpectedly, you say goodbye to summer and welcome fall. Although days are shorter, nights colder, nature around is simply beautiful. Let’s appreciate it and breathe in the crisp air.
- And all at once, summer collapsed into fall (Oscar Wilde).
- Make it a September to remember.
- September tries its best to have us forget summer (Bernard Williams).
Along wit this, feel free to take a look at some September bullet journal examples.
Definitely, October is my favorite month with colorful leaves, acorns, and pumpkins. Also, one of the most famous quotes from Anne of Green Gables says “I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers”. Indeed, I couldn’t agree more.
- My favorite color is October.
- Happy fall y’all.
- Pumpkin spice makes everything nice.
On the other hand, my least favorite month is November. But it’s a month of giving thanks so I put down some uplifting quotes.
- Cause nothin’ lasts forever, even cold November rain.
- Small seeds of gratitude will produce a harvest of hope.
- Choose to be grateful.
Last but not least, December is a festive month. It’s also an end of the year with the yearly review, new year’s resolution, and Christmas planning.
- Life is too short to spend it at war with yourself.
- Hello winter, time to get cosy.
- Every winter hast its spring (H.Tuttle).
- It’s the most wonderful time of the year.
- Merry everything and a happy always.
- Meet me under the mistletoe
Additionally you may also need these Christmas bullet journal inspiration.
Funny & Cute Bullet Journal Quotes
Another type of quotes is to use simple but cute catch phrases. For instance, if coffee elevates your mood instantly and you’re a coffee person, then the quote above is simply made for you.
Sometimes it’s hard to come up with something more personal. In this case, think about all the things you’re passionate about. For example, your favorite food, songs, activity, etc. Also, try to play with words.
Here are more examples.
- Inhale calmness. Exhale stress.
- Donut worry. Be happy.
- Watermelon is the smile of summer.
Short Bullet Journal Quotes
Obviously, not every quote has to be long. Sometimes writing three inspirational words is enough. Like for example, every moment matters. Short, simple, and on point.
- Progress, not perfection.
- Start somwhere.
- Perfectly, imperfect.
Bullet Journal Encouraging, Positive Quotes
As I mentioned before, choosing inspirational quotes for the bullet journals can be really therapeutic. Undoubtedly, there’s so much power in simple words that can you give this boost of extra energy and motivation. Or they can help you stay more present, mindful, and reflect on your previous actions.
- Be the energy you want to attract
- Your only limit is your mind.
- Create a life you can’t wait to wake up to.
Personally, Disney cartoons were a huge part of me growing up. In my opinion, they help me evolve the romantic, delicate side of my character. So as a huge Disney fan, I simply had to include in this huge bujo quote list the ones from Disney movies.
- All you need is a little faith, trust, and pixie dust (Peter Pan).
- Remeber who you are (The Lion King).
- Everything is possible. Even the impossible (Mary Poppins).
My Bullet Journal Quotes
Last but not least, here I gathered my bullet journal quote pages I made during my two years of bullet journaling. As you can see, I love playing with different bullet journal fonts and lettering, adding simple doodles and banners. Also, I keep my bujo quotes in black and white.
Also, I like to put the quotes as a part of one little word spread (2019-unlimited, 2020-grow).
Alternatively, I put inspirational quotes as a part of the bullet journal monthly cover page. For example, in January 2020 I chose “Trust the timing of your life” quote. As a rule, I think every saying about life suits amazing this time of the year.
Next, I wrote “Get glowing. The world needs your magic” as a February cover page. Also, I put a simple moon and stars doodles.
On the other hand, I also used motivational quotes as a separate bullet journal page. Here I wrote “The less stuff I own, the less stuff owns me” and paly with some basic shapes and banners.
Indeed, as a minimalist, I find this quote so true.
Last but not least, here’s another quote as a part of my budget bullet journal spreads. In my opinion, having money affirmations and sayings is also an important part of keeping your finances healthy. Not only it drives your thoughts on the right track but also improves a money mindset.
For instance, here I chose “Being rich is having money. Being wealthy is having time”. In fact, now I create my life the way I follow my passions like for example blogging about bullet journaling.
Bullet Journal Quotes – Final Thoughts
So this is it. Here you have over 30 different bullet journal quote ideas you can put in your notebook. Generally, I’d recommend you to try setting up at least one quote page within the entire month. Definitely, you see how fun it’s to create this kind of inspirational page.
Also, please don’t be intimidated by these masterpieces I’ve just shown you. Of course, it’d be nice to be so talented. But first of all, it’s all about practice. Secondly, if you don’t want to spend time on it, just write the quotes down and chill out.